The IHM Motherhouse was built in 1932 in Monroe. The initials refer to the sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The building's renovation in 2006 earned the coveted LEED Certification. We had a fabulous tour this month where we learned about the order, the campus, geo-thermal heating and cooling, organic gardening, native woodland, green burials, the labyrinth, water conservation and more. Many thanks to our wonderful docent Sr. Suzanne Sattler. The nuns here used to wear the traditional blue habits, which the media cleverly transformed into "Blue Nuns Go Green".