Search This Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

St. Stanilaus in Bay City

In the second half of the 19th century many Polish refugees escaped Prussian domination and settled in the Bay City Area. In 1890 St. Stanislaus in Bay City was built. The artwork and stained glass through out the church is exquisite. The Our Lady of Czestochowa, sometimes called the Black Madonna, has been associated with Poland for the past 600 years. Hours can be spent on this impeccable property studying windows, paintings, icons, statues, flower gardens and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment