Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Blue Water YMCA in Port Huron


Port Huron's beautiful YMCA is right off the St. Clair River which you can see while swimming in the pool inside. Using the exercise equipment on the upper level you overlook the pool and river! Founded in 1886, the Blue Water YMCA has served as the region's single largest provider of health, wellness, fitness, childcare and non-school related physical education. All programs celebrate the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility and guests are welcome for a small fee.  This Marshall Fredericks' sculpture is dedicated to all members, staff, volunteers and benefactors whose commitment has contributed to the success of the YMCA. We've featured this Michigan artist's works here and here.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I was swimming there this week for the first time, and my lane was perpendicular to the statue. I wondered if it were a Marshall Fredericks, but I forgot to ask.

    I'm linking to this post when I blog about the Y later this week. I really like what you're doing, and I'll be checking out the rest of your blog.

    -Jean

    ReplyDelete