The 30 foot tall Horace Dodge Fountain is a creation of Isamu Noguchi from 1978. It is the focal point of Detroit's Hart Plaza on the riverfront and scene of many festivals and events throughout the summer. The Dodge brothers are famous for their automotive endeavors. Horace's wife donated one million for the fountain in memory of her husband and son. This open area was named for Philip A. Hart, a US senator from 1959 until his death in 1976. He was twice Lieutenant Governor of Michigan, was wounded in the D-Day landing on Normandy Beach during WWII and is buried in St Anne's cemetery on Mackinac Island.