Sunday, September 23, 2012
First Presbyterian Church in Howell
The people of Howell built the First Presbyterian Church in 1915, which means this English gothic edifice will be soon celebrating its 100th birthday, although its roots go back in Howell to 1838. This place of worship is involved in all kinds of ministries both local, like working the soup kitchen at Fort Street Presbyterian in Detroit and the Forgotten Man Ministry in the Livingston County Jail and in faraway places like the Yucatan, Romania and Ghana. Worship is the heartbeat of their Christian faith at two Sunday services -- 9:30 and 11.