Sunday, July 28, 2013
First Congregational Church of Ann Arbor
First Congregational Church on William Street at State Street in Ann Arbor is a beautiful stone structure with a classic Wilhelm organ. The cornerstone was laid in 1872. The Douglas Memorial Chapel was named after Dr Lloyd C Douglas who was the minister here from 1916-1921. This great orator was the author of two famous novels, The Robe and The Magnificent Obsession, which were both made into movies.